“How to upgrade / update theme to new version without loosing all previously created data?”
To upgrade theme please follow one of these ways:
Login to Your themeforest account, go to downloads tab and redownload latest theme package.
1. Update via wordpress admin (easy - recommended)
- login to Your wordpress admin and go to appearnace -> themes.
- Deactivate current theme - wordpress will activeate default theme - propably twelveelewen or something similar -
- find deactivated theme that You want to update and click - remove. Don't worry - all data won't be removed.
- after theme is removed simply upload new version of theme via worpdress admin like You did at the first time at the theme installation - You can follow steps in theme documentation
- activate theme and check if appearance on forntned is ok - everything should stay unchanged - ( only exception can be menu -> go to appearance -> menus and choose primary menu adn save )
2. Update via FTP (advanced) -
- connect to Your web server via FTP and find theme directory.
- Upload new viersion of theme and overwrite old files.
- Login to Your admin and new version will be active.